Collection of Information
You may be invited to provide your personal data when you visit [Bond Insight] web pages located within [web.cscidmi.com] or when you use [Bond Insight] computer or mobile applications (the “Website/App”) and when you exchange electronic mail or use communication services provided by CSCI Technology Co., Limited (“CSCI Tech”, “we”, “us” or “our”), including but not limited to any electronic newsletters and/or use of online research services. Refusal to provide such information may render us unable to handle any request you are making, or may deny you access to certain parts of the Website/App, or may otherwise defeat the objectives of your visit. If you are under the age of 18, you should obtain consent from your parent or guardian before you provide CSCI Tech with your personal data. No data transmission over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and privacy cannot be assured in your communication with us.
Statement of Practice
Your personal information collected and held by us will be used for the purpose of:
- Facilitating exchange with you or assisting you to address problems when you make account complaints to the Website/App or participate in marketing activities.
- Providing you with personalized services, and in doing so, the Website/App may collect your search records generated from your use of such services and information provided by you in exchanging with our customer service teams and that in taking surveys.
- Designing new services and enhancing existing service experience on the Website/App.
- Authentication, customer services, security protection, fraud monitoring, archiving and backup in order to guarantee security of products and services provided by the Website/App to you.
- Sending information about products and services in which you may be interested; providing you with more relevant CSCI Tech promotions instead of general promotions; inviting you to participate in CSCI Tech activities and in market surveys.
- Conducting internal audits, data analysis and research so as to improve products and services provided by the Website/App and to improve communication with you.
We may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or overseas) your personal data to the following parties to use, disclose, process or retain your personal data for the purposes mentioned above:
- Our agents and contractors (including IT, network, sales agents and contractors);
- Our affiliated companies and business partners;
- Regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies and courts; and
- Our professional advisers.
Kinds of Personal Data Held
Your personal details, including name, personal phone number, email and other contact information, job title, organization name, company phone number, company address, social media account and log in records are collected and held by CSCI Tech.
Information Collected When You Visit the Website/App
Some parts of the Website/App may collect aggregate information about our visitors[, e.g. statistics on the number of visits. When you visit the Website/App, we will record your visit and your access time].
When you browse certain parts of the Website/App, cookies will be stored on your computer's hard drive. The purpose of using cookies is to [facilitate the successful redirection to the correct page]. You have a choice not to accept the cookies, but if you do, certain functionality may not be available.
For your information, cookies are small computer files that can be stored in web surfers' computers for the purposes of obtaining configuration information and analyzing web surfers' viewing habits. They can save you from registering again when re-visiting a website and are commonly used to track a web surfer’s preferences in relation to the subject matter of the website. You may refuse to accept cookies by modifying the relevant Internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system, but to do so you may not be able to utilize or activate certain available functions in the Website/App. [The Website/App may bar users who do not accept cookies.]
Accuracy of Information
You may be requested to provide CSCI Tech certain personal data (particularly relating to your contact information) for specific services. If you fail to provide updated information as requested for each specific service, the provision of such services by CSCI Tech may be affected.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Where permitted by applicable local law, we may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- when required by law, by court order, or in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry;
- to an investigative body;
- to enforce our agreements with you;
- with your express consent, or
- pursuant to our good faith belief that disclosure is required by law or otherwise necessary to the establishment of legal claims or defences, to obtain legal advice, to exercise and defend our legal rights, to protect our rights or property and those of our subsidiaries or associated companies, or to protect the life, body or property of an individual. This also applies when we have reason to believe that disclosing the personal data is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
The personal information we collect about you will not be disclosed by us to any other party without your prior consent.
Retention of Information
CSCI Tech will retain your personal data collected for a period no longer than necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it is or is to be used. Different retention periods apply to the various kinds of personal data collected and held by CSCI Tech. The above is subject to legal, statutory, regulatory or accounting requirements.
Third Party Websites
The Website/App may from time to time contain linkages to other websites. These other websites are independent from the Website/App. CSCI Tech has no control or management over the contents of such other websites or their privacy policies or compliance with the law. You should be fully aware that the provisions of such links do not constitute an endorsement, approval, or any form of association by or with CSCI Tech. CSCI Tech has no control over your personal data submitted by you, if any, to other websites. This Privacy Statement only applies to the Website/App. You should read the respective privacy policies of other websites.
Access and Correction of Information and Withdrawal of Consent
You have the right to request in writing to the Customer Service Manager of CSCI Tech at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- for access to your personal data held by CSCI Tech (if any);
- require CSCI Tech to correct your personal data that is inaccurate (if any); and
- withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data (such withdrawal may, however, affect our services to you).
We may charge you a reasonable fee for each personal data access.